life

Gothic Photography

9:21 PM Arianne 0 Comments


My friend JD and I went on another photography adventure earlier in the month. For some reason, when we arrived at the park, I had an urge to take photos for the purpose of editing them and making them look gothic. Since Halloween is right around the corner, I hoped that this would be a great post. Obviously all of the photos here were edited to have a creepier vibe.

The first photo above was of a bench. We tried to take a lot of creepy bench photos. JD even said he would be a nature and bench kind of photographer. I'd say that was a great start!

Photography credit: JD
The next photo was a shot of a tree branch. JD was definitely quite excited and proud to have taken this photo. Have I mentioned he was a natural at this?!

Photography credit: JD
Next we have a slightly gothic shot, again, courtesy of JD. I remembered him being so happy with this shot, so I thought it definitely deserved recognition. I really enjoyed editing this photo. I wanted a red leaf, but as I only used PicMonkey to edit these photos, I had to settle for adjusting the saturation and temperature to achieve the effect you see here.


Some people already started their countdown for Halloween even before October started, which was yet another reason I wanted to do this post. Also, did you notice her staring at you? If not, look again. I totally added a ghost in the photo. 


Last but not least, I wanted to take a creepy house photo. I went with an old school look for this one. You know, the kind of photo that had been around for centuries and was recently rediscovered? Yep, that's the one.

I hope you enjoyed this post. Let me know which photo was your favorite in the comment!

x Ayre

0 comments: